NEW – would you like to be involved?
Training will be given and teams commissioned at a Sunday service.
This will be led by Colin Ashby with Joe’s oversight.
The church has contact with people who for age, health, or other reasons are only able to attend from time to time. The role of the Pastoral Team will be to keep them in touch with church life, let them know they are not forgotten and be an expression of the love of Christ and the church.
The team will make contact by phone or a visit.
- Colin will arrange a system of contact and mobilise the pastoral team accordingly.
- The Pastoral Team will meet quarterly for updates, encouragement and prayer.
- Availability is flexible with a minimum of being able to phone someone at least weekly.
Want to be involved? – contact Colin or Joe
This will be led by Lynn Duke with Lewis’s oversight.
A small team of those who have time and heart to visit the elderly, shut-ins, lonely, etc. Developed in partnership with New 2 You, Health Centre and others.
Parish Visitors are there primarily to listen and to offer a friendly face. They are not counsellors nor social workers. It is also important to stress that they are not going to be peddling a heavy religious hard-sell, either. They are first and foremost listeners who example simple Christian kindness.
- The team will make contact by phone or a visit.
- Lynn will arrange a system of contact and mobilise the team accordingly.
- Parish Visitors will meet quarterly for updates, encouragement and prayer.
- Availability is flexible.
Want to be involved? – contact Lynn or Lewis
Vision, Preparation and Prayer for a new season.
September 2013 mid-week meetings.
We plan to spend our Tuesday evenings together at church before house groups resume in October. These meetings will give us an opportunity to hear what God is saying to us as a church; the opportunities that lie ahead; and to pray. There will be opportunity for discussion.
7.45pm Tuesday 3rd
Launch of new season
- Development of Baptist site/ new church build update.
- New children’s and youth vision
- Clarify role of house groups and launch of new teams
- Teaching programme
7.45pm Tuesday 10th
First meeting of Church Ministry Team.
This comprises Children’s Leader [Cath], Safeguarding Officer [Lucy B], Music Leader [Simon], Pastoral Team [Colin], Parish Visitors [Lynn], New 2 You Leader [Aileen], House Group Leaders [Joe, Lewis, Martin], Youth Leader & Intern [Jamie, Charlene], from Leadership Council [Robert, Terry], Baptist Deacon [Jan], and from the Public Ministry Team [Frank].
It would be good if others took time out to pray for this new team either individually or by linking up with 1 -2 people.
7.45pm Tuesday 17th
Preparing for growth.
Welcoming others, visiting others. Growing as a disciple, caring for the flock, the three generational model of community, ministry of the Holy Spirit.
7.45pm Tuesday 24th
Prayer & Praise
A monthly opportunity to pray together in an atmosphere of worship and thanksgiving with a new format.